Hamptons International is one of the premier real estate agents in the market today. Operating for over 140 years, our services include residential and commercial sales, leasing and property management, international sales, valuations, market research, mortgage and advisory services. We have ambitious business goals for the next few years, which start with our expansion strategy currently underway.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of Emaar Properties, Hamptons International continues to grow both regionally and internationally providing consistent, reliable and professional services. Our professional work culture is based on four guiding principles that are systematically integrated into everything we do. This has enabled us to exceed clients' expectations when delivering property solutions, and truly become "Your Global Property Partner".
Emaar Properties PJSC (www.emaar.com), one of the world’s largest real estate companies, acquires Hamptons International. Headquartered in Dubai, Emaar has real estate operations in more than 12 markets, including India, Egypt, Turkey, Morocco, Syria, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. The company is known for its pioneering projects, including the construction of the Burj Dubai, the world’s tallest building, and the Dubai Fountain, the world’s highest fountain.
In April 2005, Hamptons International was bought by Wheelock Properties (Singapore) Ltd, formerly known as Marco Polo Developments.
In February 1996, Hamptons International was bought by Cluttons London Residential Agency. This had been formed in 1992 by Robin Paterson after the acquisition of several Barnard Marcus offices in London and Hong Kong.
Hamptons was established on Pall Mall East, in premises it shared with the National Gallery. Its estate agency arm was launched under the direction of George and W Powell Hampton. In 1900, it became a limited company, with George Hampton as chairman and managing director.
In 1920, Hampton & Sons Estate Agents & Auctioneers moved to 20 St James’s Square, London W1. There it handled some notable auctions, including the Michelham Collection in 1926 when the record price of 74,000 guineas was achieved for Sir Thomas Lawrence’s painting 'Pinkie'. Around the same time, it completed the sale of world-famous liners and their contents, including that of the Mauritania.
Shortly after the First World War, Hamptons also achieved the sale of the Cameroons, a group of islands off West Africa. In 1936, the estate office moved to the former French embassy building on Arlington Street, St James’s and, 21 years later, was separated from the parent company when a partnership was formed by the founder’s grandson.
The early 1980s saw business expansion under the ownership of British and Commonwealth when a number of local companies in the south of England were brought under the Hamptons brand name. These included Christopher Rowland, Giddy & Giddy, Messenger May Baverstock and Pocock & Lear. In 1991 Hamptons was bought by Bristol & West building society.
Emaar Business Park, Building No. 3, Dubai (UAE), P.O. Box: 125400